Kickstart research projects and manage data
The workshop will arm students with tools and techniques to get research projects started and running. The workshop will thoroughly introduce skills concerning core research processes and the digital management of qualitative data. It aims to help students make, organize, manage and connect different parts of their data and begin to build theoretical claims. The 3-day workshop will be hands-on and will incorporate individual and group activities.
Due to the highly interactive nature of this program, attendance will be limited to twelve participants. We expect the workshop to fill up, so apply early to guarantee a spot.
Day 1: Making Fieldnotes
- Introduction to Notion
- Group brainstorming on a common research theme
- Writing field notes
Day 2: Coding Data
- Identifying and coding major themes in fieldnotes
- Building and studying concept map
- Linking pages, codes and categories in Notion
Day 3: Building Theory Notes
- Connecting codes and categories from the concept map
- Developing theoretical claims based on concept map
- Overview of advanced features in Notion